Visas and Permits

The documentation required to travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina varies according to the country of origin.
If you are citizen of Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, you will need a valid passport or ID card. Additionally, in the case of a minor traveling with an ID document, this must be accompanied by written permission from the parents.
Citizens from EU countries do not need to have a visa in order to enter B&H.
Citizens coming from the Middle East countries (Gulf) are required to have visa when entering, exiting or transiting through the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, except Bahrein , Qatar and Kuwait).

There are a number of countries whose citizens are required to have a valid current visa in order to enter B&H. You can find a list of these countries at Consular Information Page.
It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.
The maximum stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina is 90 days.
Given that conditions may vary, we suggest that you contact the Bosnian Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip.